Well, I am starting this blog in the early morning hours as consistent sleep has become a dream of the past. I am about 30 weeks pregnant and between my son Jude kicking me internally and constant heartburn, I'm afraid quality sleep is a luxury that I won't enjoy for many months (or years for that matter).
Maybe it is the excitement of Abbey's first day of preschool today or the long laundry list of things that need to be done that are on my mind. Abbey will be going back to her Mother's Day Out program but I'm making the leap from 2 days to 4 days this semester since Jude will be arriving in a couple months. It has made me think about how quickly the time has gone and how I will be moving on to yet another chapter of motherhood with a newborn again. Sometimes I plead with God to take me back in time just for a moment so that I can hold my little baby Abbey again but then she says or does something so funny and I realize how much fun it is to watch her grow and change too. This has been the dilemma for all mothers in history I guess...the age-old question....Why does it have to go by so fast??
P.S. Thanks to my sister in law, Kim, and two friends Mary Anna and Kristen who have inspired me to jump into the mysterious world of blogging!
the rest of september!
11 years ago
4 comments:
Love it! Just doing some quick computer things this morning before we're off to Northern hills. Thanks again for dinner - I was so relaxed last night! Sorry you didn't sleep well though.
Welcome! Great post! I can imagine your anticipation ... and heartburn. Mitchell starts preschool on Friday, so we're about to do a trial run to the school so I know how long it takes to get there from the middle of nowhere!
Ashley,
Wow, the blog is so you...so original....I am praying for you all, take care of yourself and regards to Abbey and Nick and of course Jude(love the name)!
your friend,
Janette
Ah, the luxury of sleep. I seem to remember a distant time in the past when I could sleep in on the weekend - you know until at least 10am. The only time I get to do that any more is when I'm feeling like crap - doesn't feel quite so luxurious then. Sleep deprivation may very well be the reason Xander is an only child. So sorry, I don't have any words of hope on the sleep front.
I guess on the positive side it's got you blogging. That's awesome and I love the background!
Post a Comment