
Well, I thought I'd better post a picture of my pregnancy progress for those that have not seen me in awhile. I'm nearing the final stretch with only 6 weeks to go! I use the word "stretch" literally as I'm not sure my belly is capable of stretching any more but I've been assured that I will still gain at least 10 more pounds before its all said and done. With both pregnancies I have had the basketball belly syndrome....all the weight in front.....which is O.K. with me except it makes walking (waddling is probably a better description) a little more challenging.
Nick has been a real trooper and has been picking up the slack for me lately. He doesn't complain if the house is a mess, there is no clean laundry in sight, or no dinner on the table. For fun, we came up with codes to gauge the levels of tiredness:
1.TE--Totally Exhausted (possibly dinner, the house is fairly cleaned up and Abbey is bathed )
2. BF--Barely Functioning (I managed to pick up something for dinner, the house is getting messy, and Nick is in charge of bath-time )
3. CC--Completely Comatose (all bets are off!)
This helps Nick to gauge what he can expect from me for the day and we get a good laugh out of it. I've been hanging around the CC level this week with little bursts of nesting energy here and there. Even though I know the tiredness will continue, I can't wait to meet my little Jude face to face....
2 comments:
I've always envied the basketball belly! I've endured the all-over-pregnant syndrome. Luckily, with Noah, I gained so little - which is odd, since I did so little!
Anyhoo, you look adorable, and we can't wait to squeeze that bundle (or bring you supper, or relieve you from big sister craziness or grocery shop or scrub your toilets ... you name it!)
You look great! I'm thinking we need to adopt the codes too - I just wish I had a better excuse.
Post a Comment