Tuesday, September 9, 2008

My Little Ballerina



Abbey has been talking about wanting to try dance classes for awhile now. She saw a ballerina on Sesame Street one day which I think prompted the questions. So a few weeks ago we decided to give it a shot and she just loves it. It is all pretty foreign to me as I was never a dancer. I tried at age 6 or 7 but it did not excite me (I was lacking a little in the gracefulness department). She is taking tap and ballet and really get into it.... tapping with all her might and really concentrating when she tries her new ballet moves. She has started doing her "ballet" everytime she hears a slow song no matter where we are.....


P.S. Never fear Aunt Kim....Abbey has been practicing her tennis moves with Nick too so maybe she will be a dancer and tennis enthusiast (Aunt Kim is a great tennis player for those who don't know her).

3 comments:

Mary Anna said...

Adorable!

(And, you can be glad she's on the right foot in that group shot!)

Unknown said...

Asley, how exciting it is to read your Blog--I keep you and your precious family in my heart and prayers--Abby is really turning into quite a beautiful young lady--tutu and all--I am looking so forward to meeting Master Jude in the near future--in the meantime keep us updated. Blessings--JoAnne Muelker

Kim Wilkens said...

ah, the pressure is on. just so you know, I did not do well at dance lessons. i really wanted to, but apparently my desire and my talent were not in synch. i took to tennis pretty late in life (first in middle/high school and then not again until my 40's), but i do play with women who are in their 60's, 70's and 80's and I got to say, that's reason enough to get out there and play.

i remember Abbey dancing for me to her veggie tale CD - don't let anyone ever tell her she doesn't have enthusiasm and style!