Sunday, November 30, 2008

The Holidays Are Here











The finished product!!




The Fall is definitely my favorite time of year even though we don't get to experience real seasons here in Texas. It was almost 80 degrees on Thanksgiving! There is just something very wrong about that however it did not deter us from stuffing our bellies with all the gluttonous goodies of the day. Nick had four days off and we really got to relax and enjoy ourselves.

I'm usually a little more environmentally conscious but I still love to go pick out a real Christmas tree instead of having a fake one. So we set off on our hunt for the perfect Christmas tree and I think we got it. We usually get the cheapy Douglas Fir and prick ourselves on the sharp pine needles for the next 30 days but this year we decided to spring for the Frasier Fur and I think our fingers will thank us for the little splurge. Abbey enjoyed the decorating and Jude enjoyed watching it all.

1 comment:

Nicholas Wilkens, PhD said...

I believe it's "fir" not "fur." Isn't it nice that my first comment on this wonderful blog is a criticism? I do love that you are doing this. I'm still just an English major at heart.