Saturday, November 15, 2008

To Sleep or Blog?....That is the Question

It really hasn't been a difficult decision......blogging has taken a back seat to sleep in the past 2 weeks. The first week was rough but I feel like I have finally adjusted to the severe sleep deprivation. It seems like so much has happened since we brought Jude home from the hospital. We made it home in time to see Senator Obama get elected as our new president and watched all the coverage and excitement that marked this historic election. Then we quickly settled into family life with a newborn and have been adjusting to the life changes that go along with being parents of two children. It has mostly been a matter of coordinating schedules better and accepting the reality that we will need to get up much earlier every morning.

Abbey has adjusted well and still thinks her brother is "precious" 2 weeks later. She was very vocal about her anger toward me for a few days after we came home and but now I think she is realizing that I do have time for both she and her brother. Jude has exceeded all my expectations as he is so laid back and sleeps most of the time. He rarely fusses even when he is hungry or needs changed. Before he was born, I wasn't sure how I could love another child as much as I love Abbey but he has certainly stolen my heart......

P.S. More pictures to follow....I couldn't muster up the energy to upload them tonight....I've got to get some sleep before Jude wakes up again!

1 comment:

Mary Anna said...

He's such a cutie sweetie! I could have held him all day yesterday! That is, until he made a little present, of course.