Jude's First Plane Ride...it did not go as well as it looks here
Grandma Eleanor with her cake
A quaint pond in Wisconsin
The Wilkens Family Farm
VBS--Son Quest Rainforest
Sprinkler Time with the Fun Fountain
Trying out the Slip and Slide
Abbey Turns 5

Picture with Chuck E

The Snake Farm.....we were sweating bullets here
Who knew the Snake Farm had more than snakes?
Abbey's Best Buddies at the Pool

Jude all geared up for a swim

Abbey and Jack at the Oakwell Pool
It must have been a busy summer because I realize that I haven't posted anything on my blog since June...shame on me! I was a little concerned about keeping the kids busy this summer but somehow we made it. I think we did everything that San Antonio possibly has to offer.....let me see if I can recap the highlights. Our summer trip was to Minnesota and Wisconsin for Grandma Eleanor's 95th birthday and some family bonding...95 is certainly something to celebrate! At home we did lots of swimming, sprinkler time (in their clothes of course...apparently its more fun this way), Kid's Camp at their church school for a few weeks, Vacation Bible School, Funtastic Playland, the zoo, Magik Children's Theater for Snow White and the Seven Amigos, trolley rides downtown, New Braunfels Children's Museum, Rainforest Cafe, playdates with friends, Abbey's birthday party at Chuck E Cheese, bowling, the park, several friends' birthday parties, Artworks art studio to get those artistic juices flowing, Nick Jr. Storytime Live show, and yes even the Snake Farm (don't ask...its exactly what you think it is but with a few furry animals to pet too). I was running out of ideas toward the end so I'm sure glad that school has finally started! Even though Abbey's not home as much anymore and busy with school, I take some solace in knowing that we'll have many more summers like this together........

No comments:
Post a Comment