Friday, June 18, 2010

The 411 on Jude

Jude- 18 months

Jude with his Bear Lovie

I used to keep a little better log of all of Abbey's "firsts" and swore that I wouldn't slack off when I had another child but Jude came along and the rest is history....the poor kid's baby book is nearly empty but I'm determined to finish it someday! I want to remember so many of the little things that Jude does that are so cute and worry that I'll forget.


We call Jude "Rascal Boy" and he sure is! If there is anything dangerous in his vicinity, he is bound to find it...from electrical plugs to cords to attempting to catapult himself over the couch. Whoever said boys were different did not exaggerate. Everyone that knows him though knows of his other side...he's a charmer. He has a little "shy" face that is very sweet and is always out to lend Mommy a hand whether it be unloading the dishwasher or helping me do a little laundry. He's got about 20 or more words to his repertoire right now and can definitely communicate what he wants. He likes to help choose what fruits/snacks to eat and points to them in the fridge demanding "dat, dat,dat" (translation: that, that, that). To my dismay, he would never take a paci but has sought solace in his two favorite lovies, his frog and bear. With thumb in the mouth and lovie in hand, he is the happiest. He likes to growl, yell, and roar but later wants to be cuddled and rocked (I sing a little "Hey Jude" to him usually).

I think moms of boys have a great responsibility to raise great boys who will become great men to their wives someday. Jude is already a great little guy and I think he will definitely be a "keeper" for some lucky lady someday.






No comments: