Friday, March 26, 2010

Kiddie Park

Jude mostly liked the snacks

Airplanes at Kiddie Park (ignore the pink machine gun)

I was scared I would break the Helicopter ride



Nick and Jude on the Carousel


This Carousel was apparently built in 1918


We tried to pack in all that San Antonio had to offer this Spring Break. We braved the crowds at the Zoo, saw "If You Give a Moose a Muffin" at the Magik Children's Theatre, lunch at the historic Guenther House (I used to work there as a teenager), and topped it all off at the local "Kiddie Park."
Because I moved to San Antonio when I was 9 yrs old, I missed the experience of Kiddie Park in my youth but all my friends that grew up here and usually their parents too know about Kiddie Park. It was apparently built in 1925 and all of the rides are from that period of time. Its like a mini-carnival and perfect for younger kids. They recently renovated the park so we decided to check it out. Abbey and Jude loved it.....it was a great way to end the week!

1 comment:

Kim Wilkens said...

I miss the pics - thanks for posting! Looks like you had lots of fun. I'm liking the new glasses too.