I haven't written since "The Incident" as we have come to call it. Looking back at those Christmas pictures I could never have imagined what would have transpired over the last month. Thankfully, Nick is recovering well though he looks more tired than usual...and I look more tired than usual. Abbey still refers to periods of time as "before Daddy fell out of bed" and "after Daddy fell out of bed." We are trying to adjust to a new normal and realizing more than ever those little freedoms that we took for granted...Nick driving, Nick watching the kids alone, and me sneaking out to run an errand without worrying. Now I worry a lot and Nick worries a lot. I'm not sure when we will stop worrying....but life goes on and I'm thinking about moving Nick's nightstand back in place...maybe that means I'm worrying a a little less.......I hope so.....
3 comments:
The New Normal. What a great way to look at it (though it doesn't lessen the load of worries).
ashley, i have thought about you guys so much recently. i don't know all the details but i am glad that nick is doing better.
Ashley - thanks for sharing. I hope your worries continue to shrink day by day.
Post a Comment