Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Things I Enjoyed This Christmas

Abbey and Jack on Christmas Eve (love this picture!)

December 26th at Tomatillos for Mom and Dad's 60th Birthdays

" Creepy" Santa with Jude (he could only take comfort in his cookie)

The Purple Cashmere Tree
The Angel Ornament Abbey Made for her Daddy

60th Birthday Party at Tomatillos

Christmas was officially a success this year. I can't say that I was always a ray of sunshine in the months prior to the big day but somehow it always seems to come together. I really enjoyed the family time with great food and fun with the kids. My parents' birthday party turned out great and Nick and I had fun making a video of their life. I'm not looking forward to taking down the tree and decorations but they will be waiting for us next year as we do it all over again, making new memories and keeping old traditions.......

Some Things I Especially Enjoyed This Christmas:

1) Going to pick out the big tree...this one was our best ever I think.
2) Making ornaments for Nick at The Painted Plate
3) Making cornflake wreaths with Abbey
4) Helping Abbey decorate her purple tree
5) The smell of cinnamon spiced candles
6) Christmas music on the radio every day
7) Watching Abbey, Jack, and Jude play
8) Christmas service at my old Catholic church
9) Making plans for Mom and Dad's 60th Birthday Party
10) Bread Pudding with Butter Rum Sauce

Things I Could Have Done Without:

1) Shopping, shopping, shopping and more shopping
2) The lines everywhere....for the love of bleep....the lines
3) The Christmas song "Carol of the Bells"...its maddening
4) Jude pulling our shelf off the wall
5) The creepy Santa with white shoe polish in his beard

2 comments:

The Montgomerys said...

that santa is totally funny! love the new pictures:)

Kristin said...

That Santa is pretty creepy looking. I don't blame Jude one bit!