




The Fall is my absolute favorite time of year....it is starting to cool off after a long summer, the holidays are around the corner, and I virtually have no allergies which is just an added bonus. Jude is due any day now but I still wanted to make sure I got to do all of the fun Fall festivities that I enjoy so much. We decided to take a scenic drive to Medina, TX at the Love Creek Orchards where they promised to have lots of pumpkins, farm animals, story telling, pony rides, hay maze, and of course lots of apple goodies. It was a pretty day though nix what I said about it cooling off....it was sunny and 85 degrees....a little hot for pumpkin season if you ask me.
We had a nice family day and Abbey enjoyed a pony ride, the hay maze, and especially loved holding the baby chicks. She made a good effort in trying to convince us that a chick would make a great pet and could just sleep in her bed at night. All the rules about sweets went out the window for this special day and she got to enjoy a carmel apple and cotton candy!
However, I underestimated how late pregnancy would affect me after a day filled with fun in the sun. I was beat....my legs and ankles looked like oversized sausage links and I had to take a nice long nap when I got home. Actually, I think we all pretty tired....that sun is brutal even in October. All in all, it was well worth it though Nick and I agreed that we are officially "pumpkined out" for the year!
No comments:
Post a Comment