We've been trying to keep busy as we anxiously await the completion of our new house.....I think we succeeded! We went to a Missions baseball game...the kids loved Henry's Puffy Taco and Ballapeno! We made an impromptu visit into the hill country to see Thomas the Train which the kids loved. We went "camping" with the Hendrix family at Canyon Lake which was great though Nick claims that it wasn't camping since we had a trailer with beds, TV, and full kitchen. I'm not sure I'm cut out for real camping but that was great! We are lucky to have such great friends...the kids had a ball on the playground outside our trailers....I think they felt truly free to roam around out there.
We carved pumpkins, went to a Halloween carnival, and trick or treated of course! In the midst of it all, we celebrated Jude's 3rd birthday at the Oakwell Farms park at Jude's request. It was the most relaxing and stress-free party that I've done to date and there might be more parties like this in the future (I do tend to go a little overboard at times). Jude helped pick out his Cars cake, plates, and party favors. We had a Mater pinata and I recruited Nick to run a few games with the kids. It was a georgeous day and Jude felt very special I think! He announced "Here comes the birthday boy!"
Abbey has been teaching me all about Egypt and her sarcophagus project even got displayed in the first grade Egypt case in the front of the school. I helped her class make mummies and she told me all about the details of mummification (she's very confortable with the topic of death...I guess that good??)! We also made a Hello Kitty pumpkin that turned out super cute. Nick helped Jude make a Smurf pumpkin (Jude lost interest after about 5 minutes).
Our house is basically ready and we at set to close on it Nov. 16th! We can't wait to get settled in to our new house and neighborhood. We'll see if I get organized enough to throw a few Christmas decorations up....looking forward to making lots of new memories there!
No comments:
Post a Comment