We really didn't have time to go on a vacation this summer as the majority of our summer was taken up by the big move out of our first house and the building of our future house. We survived the move (barely) and have temporarily move in with Mom and Dad until the new house is built. They are pouring the foundation today for the new house which is exciting. I'm going to go over there tonight to look at it when I take Abbey to "Meet the Teacher" night at her new school.
Since we didn't get a real vacation, I convinced Nick to take a day off before the kids start school so we could do something fun. We braved the heat and went to the Fiesta Texas waterpark and had a great time! Abbey is reading this post as I write it and wanted to make sure I noted that we went down the "lazy river" four times and its so cool because the river actually pulls you along! We ran into a lady at the lockers who was getting out money for her teenagers and said "Enjoy it because in a few years they won't want to be seen with you..just want you to pay for it." (a little sinical I'd say....surely our children will want to hang out with us forever, right?!). Anyway, it made us glad that we decided to take a little time off to hang out as a family and a reminder that we need to do this often even if life seems to be too busy sometimes.
2 comments:
Last week, the boy announced that he officially felt like a teenager and the next day he said that he's actually glad I won't be his teacher this year cause talking to me "would be embarrassing." So yeah, it totally happens - enjoy the family times while they'll let you!
i love family staycatrions! looks like you guys had a good time:) yay!
Post a Comment