Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The Kids Are Getting So Big and I'm Getting So Behind.....

Abbey took this picture...

The Kids at Northern Hills Day School Party

Abbey wanted me to be a black cat too....


There's a lot of love there.....



Even though I'm almost 3 weeks late, I had to document memories about Halloween and Jude's 1st birthday. Halloween weekend was a whirlwind....Seguin High School football game Friday night, Fright Fest at Fiesta Texas on Halloween during the day, followed by trick or treating that night. Then we ended the weekend by celebrating Jude's birthday. To sum it up....very fun and very tiring! We decided to go with the traditional costumes this year....black cats and pumpkins.

I decided to do a small party with family and a few friends rather than a big bash. I thought it was just the right size and less stressful than other parties I've done. I tend to get a little carried away with themes. I did try to make it special with fun invitations and cake. I wasn't sure Jude was going to make it to his own party but we finally decided to wake him up for it. I was very impressed that he didn't end up with cake all over his face...just took a few bites of frosting.

It is true that with the 2nd kid, time really really flies. We joke with the kids about not growing anymore and Abbey just tells us that she has to grow up so that she can become an adult some day (which she thinks is only in a couple years).



No comments: