Sunday, July 12, 2009

The Garden Party

My sweet baby is 4

Abbey's turn at the pinata...there were 11 eager kids behind her


The bug jar (I snapped a few pics before the party)

Abbey helped me set up the tables before the party





Yummy cupcakes--my mom's frosting recipe brings back
great memories from my own childhood...we always got a
homemade cake from Mom!


Abbey turned 4 this week and is very proud of it. On her real birthday we celebrated with pizza (Abbey's request) and rainbow sherbet floats. Saturday she had a garden party with her friends and family. The garden party came complete with flower cupcakes and "dirt" pudding with gummy worms , all homemade by me and my mom I might add. Abbey mostly helped by "testing" the icing. The kids got to make bug jars and decorate and pot their own flower. The kids played with water balloons (Abbey's favorite part) and beat a butterfly pinata to the ground (sometimes I wonder why we let our kids have pinatas--a little violent but fun none the less).

The kids were all very sweet and Abbey was a good hostess to her friends. After the party, she said "The only thing that was bad about the party was that it didn't last all day!" so I guess we can dub it a success. These parties are always a little more work than I bargain for but I just can't help getting excited about them and really do enjoy it....I've always been a little Martha Stewart-esque (minus the jail time). I will be looking forward to next year's party, whatever that entails...Chucky Cheese here we come??!

P.S. I just got a new camera....I love how the pictures turned out and this was just in auto mode...can't wait to take my camera classes and learn more!

No comments: