Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter Traditions

Jude liked his basket...mostly to chew on...what a handsome little guy!

The Easter bunny left lots of goodies behind......notice the hand trying to get the goodies!


Abbey found the golden egg



Don't all Texas families have to do the famous bluebonnet picture at some point?


"Is someone going to save me here??" (if only Jude could talk)




I'm not sure why it took us this long to figure this out but Nick and I did Easter very differently when we were growing up. I just thought everyone did Easter like my family did when I was a kid. The Easter bunny would come at night, hide the eggs, and leave a bunch of candy and things in my Easter basket. Then we'd go to church hopped up on candy and probably get in trouble for our misbehavior in church if my memory serves me correctly. Nick's family went to sunrise services so there was no time for early morning hunts or candy filled baskets. We had fun talking about the different traditions and will have to see how we can mesh the two together next year though I'm not sure you'll see us at sunrise services anytime soon....sleep is too precious these days!

We went to Georgetown for Easter and had a very relaxing time as always. My in-laws sure do know how to entertain. My parents also came up to visit so it was nice to have all four grandparents in on the festivities. We had a day of great food, a nice church service, golf cart riding, and bocce ball. Who could ask for anything more?

1 comment:

Kim Wilkens said...

Okay - let me set the record straight. We didn't get the preloaded baskets, but there were definitely Easter egg hunts in our family and they featured large chocolate bunnies (at least that was my favorite part). I remember the finding of the eggs being quite the competitive sport. The most memorable hunt for me was one my folks pulled off on a roadtrip at a rest area.